Thursday, February 25, 2010

1 week 1 day post op


I posted a pic of America Ferrera..I've been told by a few people that I have a resemblence to her and I love her in this dress. I would love to see me like her one day.

It's been one week after surgery and I am feeling really good. I decided to go to the mall today with my mom and I think it was a little too much walking. I did have to take a break because I started getting some discomfort around my incisions, like tightness. I got home and took a nap because I was exhausted.

As we were at Mall it was hard for me to not feel tempted to shop, but I just don't want to buy any clothes if I am going to shrink out of it soon. So, I mainly window shopped. I did see that there where a lot of clothes that once I lose weight I would love to have. Before I wasn't even able to imagine myself in any of those clothes. Now I can dare dream of wearing skinny peoples clothes, because I know that with my new handy dandy tool it is definitely a possibility. I'm so excited to see the change.

I did stop by my Dr's office to have some paperwork filled out and they asked me if I wanted to be weighed there. I weighed 242.8 lbs. That is about 17 lbs down from my starting point!! It's exciting.

Last night, my husband had a friend come over for dinner and he wanted to make fish tacos...my favorite! So, I decided to help him make the food and it was hard. You don't know how many times I almost grabbed a piece of fish and bit it...I still have a week of liquids and I am dying. Not because I am hungry, but because I'm tired of drinking the shakes and the soups. I need some texture on my palate! I still have soreness where my port is at. But all seems to be healing nicely! I'm thinking of taking my kids to Disneyland as we have annual passes, just to get them out of the house and some more walking for me. I hope it's not too much or that it rains!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love Miss America (Ferrera), she's beautiful! Are you allowed SF popsicles? They saved me...something to chew on and they come in yummy tropical flavors even. I'll bring them right over...no room in the freezer LOL! Hang in there...food is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17 lbs!! Awesome...you sound like you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about wanting texture - the liquids got old real fast! But you know what? Each phase goes so quickly & you will be chewing before you know it! Way to go on the 17lbs & have fun at Disneyland :)

    ReplyDelete