
I have been overweight practically my entire life. I can remember starting to diet when I was about 10 years old. All through Jr. High and High school I have been overweight. I remember trying numerous diets and I would lose, but then regain them right back. I just could not seem to keep the weight off.
I have tried a lot of diets in my life, from Phentermine, Slim Fast (several times in my life) Herbalife, Low carb, Low fat, Weight Watchers, Nutri-system, 6 week body makeover, Joining a gym, Dr. supervised diets and even though some have been successful, I have always gained the weight back plus some more. I have been doing a lot of research and I have been able to gather information on the options available out there to make a life changing decision. The Lap-band procedure is the one that I have been interested in since day one. I truly believe with the support and guidance it offers, it is definitely something that I can truly follow and it will work for me.
I am tired of being the size that I am and that my 2 beautiful children want a normal mom to do outdoor activities with, but I never have the energy. My excuse used to be that I was big, but I was healthy. I don’t know where I got that idea from, but just because I didn’t have any co-morbidity's, I thought I was ok! So even though I was not happy with myself and did what I could to lose the weight, when I would yo-yo, I would have an answer for me. At least I’m a healthy fatty! That is definitely no longer the case. I have been told by my primary Dr. that I have a bit of a fatty liver, borderline diabetic and my most recent discovery…sleep apnea. Both my parents have diabetes, so I am very prone to this disease. I am getting to the point where my health is in danger. My sleep study came after my husband complained I snored all night, all the time. My knees hurt, my heels hurt with any minimal walk. I constantly have back pain. My clothes leave marks around my waist.
My final straw in deciding and looking into the Lap-band procedure was a trip to an amusement park and trying to get on a ride where the seat belt did not fit. The attendant struggled to make it fit, but everyone in line was watching me. As soon as the ride started, I cried. I did not enjoy any part of that ride just thinking of the humiliation. After that, I refused to get on any other rides to avoid any further humiliation. I knew I needed to do something about my weight. I didn't know how I would be able to do it on my own, with so much weight I had to lose. Everywhere I go I’m so worried about me fitting in restaurant booths, chairs and even airplanes. I’m tired of walking sideways on isles and not being able to cross my legs.
I want to be able to live a longer life for myself, my children and my family. I can no longer live like this. I have never been this open in my life about my weight issues, but I believe this is the only way that I can obtain a new chance at living a healthier and better quality of life.


I'm so glad everything is starting off great, I've been through a lot of the things you have, and all the struggles of every day life, I really hope your path so far is okay.
ReplyDeleteWe should even exercise together sometime :)
Thanks Luis! I would definately love to work out with you! That would be a great way to help each other on this journey!
ReplyDeleteAmiga! Haven't checked in on your blog in a few....i've been pretty busy these last couple days but i want to try & make time to come on here once in a while to show some love & support! I gotta say...I'm so proud of you for being so open & honest, that's not easy, I think that alone will help you so much down this journey! keep up the good work with the chewing! hehe love ya!
ReplyDelete