Thursday, January 21, 2010

More tests!


I went to do my Echo Stress test today. I arrive once again to the center and was told my tech was running about 20 minutes behind. I was like okay?....and was asked if I wanted to come at a later time. So, I asked what time is later? Well she looked and said, "You know what, you are better off just waiting." Well 20 minutes didn't seem so bad for me so I waited.

So, yes right about 20 minutes later the tech comes out and introduces herself as Mina. She takes me in to the room where the treadmill is at and then tells me to undress from the waist up. Puts all the gizmos and gadgets on me for the heart monitors and gave me those fashionable shirts to wear and we proceeded with the test. She has me go on the treadmill at about 1.7 mph. I'm thinking, not bad. I'm very cool especially wearing my new Shape Ups shoes by Skechers, I'm thinking...I can do this. Then after 3 minutes she puts it up to 2.9 mph. Oh and just to add to it she puts it at a 12% incline. I'm now starting to feel it and 3 minutes later she moves it to 3.5 mph. Ok, I haven't worked out in months, so you can just imagine now I'm like hanging on to the treadmill with my dear life. So then at about the 7 minute mark I say ok, I'm exhausted. She then starts slowing down the treadmil and say you did so good, you actually reached your peak, you are the first one to actually do it for me. I didn't really know if I was supposed to be flattered or not since I'm sure it being an obesity clinic the majority of the patiens are not in the best shape of their lives. But it did kinda feel good even though it took me a while to catch my breath.

Once done with that I was speaking with my coordinator Sofia, who informed me that the surgery would be covered at 100%. I was absolutely jumping for joy!
Aside from the upper GI that I still need to do, this was all the test needed to send all my file to the insurance company for an approval. Once the approval is given then we can schedule my surgery date....this is all happening soooo fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment