
So I had my first fill today. I was a bit nervous as I really didn't know what to expect. I get to the my Dr's office and he is explaining to me what he will be doing. Then he starts preparing everything to do the fill. All of a sudden my hands started getting really sweaty after I see the 5" needle he starts preparing. He then says "Don't worry about the needle" so I take a deep breath and he makes me stand for the procedure. My hubby was with me but I think he had wider eyes than me and turned away. I didn't want to look either. As he started poking it wasn't that bad, but I guess he was not able to find the access right away so he poked around. He mentioned that I had quite a bit of scar tissue around the port. I finally told him I was feeling some pain, so he asked me to lay down and find the port that way.
He finds the port and inserts 4cc's. He made me drink a couple sips of water and it came right back up! It was way too tight. He then proceeds to poke me again this time it was so bad to remove the saline and I ended up with 1cc. I was kinda disappointed that I only had a 1cc fill, but he told met that everyone was different and that really didn't mean that it was a bad thing. He said I was doing so well that I should have no problems with losing more weight. I'm feeling a bit tired. I wonder if that is just the time change or this fill.
I was getting ready to make my fish tacos that I love and had been craving for weeks. I now go back to 2 days of liquids, 2 days of mushies and then on to my solid foods. All for the sake of being skinny!!! lol! and the journey continues....


The good thing about those post fill diets is the WL though...always gave me a kick start. Hope you start to feel some restriction (did the water 'gurgle' through after the 1cc? That's how I can feel the restriction.
ReplyDeleteMy doctor gave me 1.7 cc's added to the 2.0 he gave me during surgery. Hopefully this will help me for now. I have to admit I was hoping for more, but I was able to swallow my water with no vomiting. This morning's protien shake did not go down as easy though. I did feel a bit of a gurgle!
ReplyDeleteI hate that he stuck you so many times. That really sucks and hurts. Sorry that you weren't able to get more cc. I agree with band groupie- these next few days will jump start the weight loss. I usually lose 2+ lbs after my fill...we'll see if that holds true next week :)
ReplyDeleteBIG HUG for enduring all those sticks!