Ok, so I guess I always tend to come in here and talk about all my wonderful accomplishments, but I don't think I have really talked about all that has really happened in between and what it took to get to where I am at.
Now that my before and after pictures are super noticeable everyone wants to know how really easy or difficult my journey has been. I have to say that just like I have read with many of you it has been the best roller coaster I have been on! No matter how many downs I have had, it always has an loop that keeps me going.
I have to say that having Lap band surgery is not just about having the surgery and the lbs just dropping on their own. When I came into this I was so ready and committed to sticking to this no matter what. I was sure scared as hell, but I wanted to lose the weight because I was miserable. I had no energy and I felt like I was trapped. My health was taking a dive and I just didn't want to be like many in my family with so many issues because of making bad choices and being inactive.
My husband had such a hard time dealing with the fact that I was going to have surgery. He was adamant that it was the worst decision ever, but I opted to not listen to anyone and do this for me. For once in my life I was going to be selfish because I knew that if I didn't try this I was going to live the rest of my life miserable.
I also opted to be vocal to everyone around me I was having surgery because I knew that I was going to need that extra push. I needed to know that I could not be seen as a failure. I didn't want to be the poster child for gastric surgery failures... I was determined to succeed and nothing could stop me. So If I put it out there then that would hold me accountable for what I was putting in my mouth. I knew the food police would also be lingering and not that I like them, but I sure wasn't going to slip in front of them.
When I started my post op diet, I hated having to drink those shakes. I could have done anything not have to drink them, but all throughout this time I made sure to tell myself that this was only temporary and I think that is was made me not ever cheat once. I knew that one day I would be able to eat Pizza, burgers, fries in moderation of course, but I knew that it was something that was not going to be off limits to me. I just needed to stick to it for the time being, so that I could lose the weight. If I ever did really want to have a bite of that birthday cake or some M&M's, I would have a slither of the cake, just to get that taste in my mouth and a couple M&M's just to not feel so deprived. Honestly, if it would have not been for that, I swear I would have failed long ago. You also need to know when to say stop. I know some of us struggle with just a slither, but you have to have major self control.
With my 85 lb loss, I have been slacking a bit with really watching what I eat. I have about 15 more lbs to my goal weight but I have a feeling it's going to be a bit harder to lose. I'm almost there and it feels great. I absolutely recommend this surgery 100%, but you have to also be 100% ready for the commitment. Otherwise, It will not work like it should. If I would have done this maybe a year or 2 ago, I don't think I would have been as successful as I am today. I was able to get on my Wii fit the other day and I am proud to say that it no longer calls me Obese...I am just overweight. LOL..
I'm a work in progress and will always be in this life long journey! I love it!
Until next time...♥XOXO♥
10 Year Check-Up
7 years ago


Way to go!!!
ReplyDelete